Sunday, December 4, 2011

Pike Place Market


I looove Pike Place Market.  When I was younger and we used to visit my grandma in Seattle we would do all the site seeing including Pike Place.  It has been so long since I had been and the only thing I remembered was the fish throwing.  When we visited this time I think I appreciated it a lot more because I felt like I could go to the Market every week.  My favorite things there were the flowers!  Oh my gosh I wanted to buy them all they were so beautiful and the best part was that they were only $5 for the small bouquet (which was still pretty big) and $10 for the large.





I couldn't resist so I did leave with this beautiful bunch...


These are the beautiful flowers in the vase when we got home
There was also a large variety of fruits and vegetables displayed.  I wanted to buy all those too just walking by.  

Ugh don't they look delicious?

Oops!  Fingers got in the way, but look at how huge that avocado is that I'm holding
Then of course they have the infamous fish market where they throw the fish around.  I wanted to buy one just to see the whole performance.  (Gosh why do I want to buy everything?) Unfortunately, I didn't get a good video of the whole fish throwing, but here is the display of all the seafood!   Mmmm I love seafood!



There's also a cute little park close by with a great view.  We walked over and took a few pictures...



Eli was having a great time running around.  Doesn't he look so cute in Malakai's hat?



And this is the view of the beautiful lake.  I love any view with the water in it.


Here you can see Safe Co. field and Century Link field


Oh something I also learned...the first Starbucks opened in Seattle right on Pike Place.  This is the first Starbucks ever!  There's a lot of firsts in Seattle


That ends my Pike Place Market experience.  I loved it and of course I had to get a pic by the infamous sign...




1 comment:

  1. Remember how obsessed I was with those flowers too?! Ah I wish we had something like that here! I MISS YOU! Hope you are doing great and loving it all. I'm going to try and call you today, k? Love you!

    ReplyDelete