Friday, December 30, 2011

Aloha from Hawaii

Ok so since it may take me awhile to get up to date (and lets face it, it's going to take me awhile!), I decided I'll start blogging about my life now and input old posts where I can.  So, with that being said...I AM IN HAWAII NOW!


Yes, I did make the move to Hawaii!  It was a bit scary making such a big move, but I have to say I haven't felt more certain about a decision.  Let's just say someone was throwing some pretty obvious hints that I was headed in the right direction.  It first started on November 28 when I started my travels to Hawaii.  I woke up that morning with a little sick feeling like "you're not supposed to be moving yet" or something.  I continued to feel that way all the way to the airport.  Backing up a little bit, the previous couple of days I was trying to pack all my stuff (and I always overpack "stuff").  I was stressing a little bit because I wanted everything to fit and I didn't want my luggage to be overweight, and I didn't want to have to pay for extra luggage, and trying to do that with all my stuff was hard.  I even tried to see if I should ship a box.  For 200 some what dollars, it was cheaper to pay $125 for an extra bag.  So thats what I decided to do.  I was taking three big suitcases and one carry-on.  Anyways, back to the airport, I got there and struggled with my three huge suitcases walking to the check-in counter.  After suitcases falling over and looking like a complete idiot and traveling amateur I made it to the check-in counter.  Stressing that I most likely would be overweight I weighed my first two bags.  Luckily they were both under...barely (48.5 and 49 lbs)!  Wahoo.  Then I told the lady I had a third bag to check.  She then told me I would have to pay $125.  Already anticipating the amount I agreed.  Surprisingly, the lady was sooo nice.  After some hesitation she said, "You know what?  I'm going to waive the fee because I don't want to see you pay $125."  What?  Who does that?  I was so thankful to her I wanted to reach over the counter and hug her.  I honestly couldn't thank her enough (now that I think about it, I should've gotten her name).  I thought I was fine after I checked in my third bag, but then they told me to weigh my carry-on.  Oh gosh I shoved everything in my carry-on that couldn't go in my suitcases because it would put it over the weight limit.  So come to find out my carry-on is eight pounds over so I offered to pay for that because I had no other option, I needed all my stuff.  The lady being as nice as she is said that she's not going to charge me and told me to gate check it when I get to my gate.  Once again I wanted to hug her.  After I got all my bags taken care of I was so relieved.  So much stress lifted off my shoulders.  

Well, if that wasn't enough, she put me through the first class line so I didn't have to wait in the long line for security, I skipped all the way to the front. Now because I was flying to Hawaii on a buddy pass, I wasn't certain that I would make it on the flight, but I didn't mind.  As long as my luggage made it there I was fine.  haha So I get to the gate and I hear the voice over the intercom, "This is a very full flight so if you have any carry-ons you would like to check, please bring them to the desk."  So like the lady said I gate checked my bag, but I wasn't expecting to get on the flight because it was very full.  After waiting for majority of the passengers to board, I was surprised to hear the lady call my name.  I made it on the flight, but not only did I make the flight, but I got to ride first-class!  Really?  Could anything work out any better?  I was seriously blessed.  I even got to sit next to the nicest most friendly lady.  It was a quick five hour flight and I landed on the beautiful island of Hawaii!  

So now I'm here and trying to get settled in and start my new life...I have to find a job, apply for school, find a bank, find a car, find a gym, and I think thats it.  So that's what I'll be doing.  

If anyone plans on coming to Hawaii give me a call, I would love visitors.  Even if you're not planning on coming to Hawaii, come anyway and visit me!  :)

2 comments:

  1. Aloha!!! I am so happy that you are liking Hawaii and feel like it was the right move for you right now. And seriously, I don't think that could have worked out any better for you... Free baggage AND first class?! So awesome. I miss you and love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are awesome ash! So glad we got to see you.

    ReplyDelete