Friday, December 30, 2011

Booty Barre

So while I was in Seattle I found something called "Booty Barre".


I was very curious what this was and saw that they had a complimentary class for first timers at The Pilates Company in Woodinville (so if you're ever in the area, you should give it a try).  I thought I would give it a try since I hadn't been doing any sort of exercise since I had been in Seattle.  Amanda and I went to our complimentary hour and a half booty barre plus class.  Oh my gosh, did it kick my butt, but I loved it.  I felt so out of shape, ha oh wait I probably was so out of shape.  I was so sore for the next couple of days.  I like feeling sore though so it was a good thing.  I loved it so much I bought a month unlimited package.  So I went almost everyday for a month.  

If you are wondering what Booty Barre is, it is a mix between pilates and ballet.  It is a great class that works a little of everything, arms, shoulders, legs, booty, back, and abs.  You start out with a warm up and then you do a series of arms with hand weights.  I thought I could totally do five pounds, but hello I was dying.  I almost had to switch to threes in the middle of the series.  You don't ever get a chance to rest, so its non-stop lifting which equals really sore and tired arms.  After the arm workout, you move to the barre and work every part of your legs and your booty.  This section is killer, you feel the burn very fast.  haha You then move to the floor for abs and you finish with some light stretching.  I fell in love with booty barre and kind of got addicted.  I was sad to leave because I knew there wasn't any booty barre in Hawaii.  So I had to buy the DVD before I left so I could still do some booty barre myself.  I got this DVD...


I've done it a couple times and it is still killer.  Before I left seattle the studio mentioned they were doing something called the Booty Barre Redemption challenge.  Its a 6-week program that combines unlimited booty barre classes and a healthy eating plan.  They have prizes for the most classes attended, the most weight lost, the most inches lost, etc.  I would've loved to do it well, because I love booty barre and because the grand prizes are awesome.  The first a $250 Nordstrom gift card (my favorite store) and unlimited booty barre classes, second $150 Nordstrom gift card and unlimited booty barre classes, and the third $75 Nordstrom gift card and unlimited booty barre classes.  Its a bummer that I won't be there for the challenge but since I have the DVD I'm going to do the challenge myself at home!  I don't get the Nordstrom gift card, but maybe I'll just go shopping at Nordstrom and spend $250 when I'm done with the challenge.  haha We'll see how it goes!  :)  But I highly recommend Booty Barre to anyone who is interested and wanting a good workout!

No comments:

Post a Comment