Saturday, March 17, 2012

Homemade Zupas!

So the other night I felt like curling up in a blanket with a good movie while snacking on some quality junk food and eating my favorite soup with a side of some good bread!  Mmmm sounds like a great night, so I did it...kind of (no junk food).  It was a night of torrential down pours and I was with my dearest Talei.  We decided to have a soup and movie night (like three movies)!  We thought Zupas would be perfect for a night like this and we both missed Zupas so much.  However, there is no Zupas here in Hawaii so we decided to make our own.  Here is what we made;  we made homemade tomato basil soup because that is my favorite (and I'm talking from scratch...fresh tomatoes and everything) topped with fresh parmigiano reggiano and freshly ground pepper, with a parmesan baguette (so delicious), and a rosemary chicken and sun-dried tomato pesto panini.  To finish the meal we had to make it official just like Zupas and finish with a chocolate covered strawberry!  MMM I think it turned out quite oh so delicious!



2 comments:

  1. You are so profesh... seriously! YUM. Who makes tomato soup from REAL TOMATOES?! Um... YOU DO. I wish that I could be having a movie fest with you... When are you coming back to visit?!!! PS... saying "profesh" reminded me of "plesh, presh, and profesh!" ha ha! :) I think that one is in our midge book, so it can never be forgotten!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Kris! :) It was yummy and it was actually really easy...I always thought it would be a lot of work, but it wasn't that bad. I have always wanted to try to make homemade tomato basil soup because its always been my favorite, and I finally tried it. You could totally do it! But I totally wish I could be having a movie fest with you as well. Member how we used to do that a lot in college. We used to always have movie nights and I loved them! But I'm trying to come back towards the end of june for a wedding so hopefully I can find a good deal on tickets! P.S. "Plesh, presh, and profesh" haha that is the first thing I thought when I read the first four words. I totally remember that. Ugh I miss you!

    ReplyDelete